Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:42:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kent Vander Velden <graphix@toybox.cc.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Flushing audio capture buffer

  I would like to flush the capture buffer of the sound card.  I want to do
this inorder to have my program stay in sync with the data being captured.
At the moment, the program slowly starts to get out of sync as the processing
time required by the program for each read buffer is greater than how long
before the capture buffer is full again.  My program does not have to receive
all of the caputured data but it must stay in sync so I am willing to lose
some of the data.  So what I thought I would do is flush the capture buffer
before each read.  Can the capture buffer be flushed?

  Thanks.