Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:06:31 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why is bus_set_resource() rarely used? Docs for ISA cards

Alexander Leidinger writes:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:10:08 +0100
> Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org> wrote:
>
> > > I'm trying to learn how the i4b ISA drivers are
> > > programmed by reading the "Arch Handbook" and looking
> > > at i4b/capi/iavc/iavc_isa.c on my FreeBSD 4-stable PC
> > > and wonder why doesn't iavc (and most other ISDN cards)
> > > use bus_set_resource()? I only see bus_alloc_resource()
> > > being called for SYS_RES_IOPORT and _IRQ in iavc_isa.c
> > >

> > Most of these drivers were written before the entire bus support was
> > added to FBSD. Since they work as they are, why change them?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/projects/busdma/index.html

No i4b stuff listed on that page ;-)

I suppose it would be a worthy effort in any case, but testing could be
difficult.  I personally don't even own a motherboard with ISA slots and
gave away all my ISA-based ISDN cards long ago.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org gj[at]denx.de