Date:      Mon, 10 May 2004 09:05:57 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: Tip on Buying External modem

On Sun, May 09, 2004, Mark Jayson Alvarez wrote:
>Sir,
>    I've post something about my internal modem and
>unfortunately you've replied that there could be no
>possible solution in using a winmodem except if you
>are expert in either linux or freebsd.
>    My question is, if ever I will buy an external
>modem and to be sure that I will not waste my money
>for the second time(buying a winmodem), wich of the
>two should I pick, the USB one, or the one that is
>connected to serial port(com port)?

COM port.

The only really reliable modems I've found are MultiTechs (other
than the three Telebit WorldBlazers I have sitting on the shelf
in the computer room :-).

The MultiTech MTxxxxZDX modems are relatively inexpensive, and
are excellent for use with programs like HylaFAX.  It's been a
while since I last bought any modems so I'm not current on their
part numbers.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!''
    -- Emiliano Zapata.