Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 10:36:25 -0400
From:      Adam Pendleton <APendleton@vgsinc.com>
To:        'Dan O'Connor' <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>, Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: SAMBA and browing workgroup

From my experience the best way to determing errors with SAMBA is to check
the logs.  Depending on your installation these could be in /var/log/samba,
or in $INSTALL_DIR/var/.  Either way, you are looking for smb.log and
nmb.log.  Look at these logs and it should become fairly obvious what your
problem is.  Also, there are machine-specific logs created for each computer
that tries to connect.  Look at those logs too (if they exist).

Adam Pendleton
Security Engineer
VGS, Inc.
Faifax, VA