Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 20:42:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ide_pci.c

I just thought that someone in here should know this: I have a generic
dual PCI IDE controller. It can support up to 4 devices. I have 2 hard
drives on the first controller, and an ATAPI cdrom drive on the second.
The problem is that when it boots, it says that the controller is simplex,
and that there is no dma on the secondary channel, and then when it gets
down to the ISA configuration, it won't find anything on the second
controller. The only way I could fix it is to go to
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/files.i386 and delete the line that specifies
ide_pci.c

That solved the problem, and I can now use my CD-ROM drive, but I thought
that you guys should know about the problem. Thanks.

Kenneth Culver