Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:02:42 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "*** [kernel.debug] Error code 139"?

> On 07 Jan 2015, at 14:13 , Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> On 7 January 2015 at 08:57, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org> =
wrote:
>> --- kernel.debug ---
>> linking kernel.debug
>> ctfmerge -L VERSION -g -o kernel.debug ...
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>> *** [kernel.debug] Error code 139
>> I'm mostly wondering what "Error code 139" is intended to mean.... =
:-}
>=20
> It's the way termination due to a signal is reported. The exit status
> is 128 + the signal number and SIGSEGV =3D 11.

I did see it twice last night while doing HEAD builds, and i386.GENERIC =
only.  For later builds it was just gone again.  Not sure if anyone =
wants to figure out what was special about the two SVN revisions.   For =
me it was a cross-build from amd64 as part of make universe.

=E2=80=94=20
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                  Charles Haddon Spurgeon:
"Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life.  Many might have failed
 beneath the bitterness of their trial  had they not found a friend."