Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:35:34 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DEC KZPSC

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 02:19:58PM -0600, Douglas K. Rand wrote..
> I've found myself the owner of a Digital KZPSC-XB card. Just the card. :)
> No manuals, no nothing else. (Not even a dimm for the card.) Its a 3
> port SCSI RAID card that is supposed to be, at least kinda, supported
> by the mlx driver.
>
> I've got a couple of problems: The card doesn't seem to be probed
> either by the SRM or detected by the mlx driver. The kernel sees the
> card:
>
>   pci0: <mass storage> at device 9.0 (no driver attached)

Is this the install kernel, so from the boot cd?  What version FreeBSD
are you using?

> And that message goes away if I boot the system with out the card. The
> output of "ls -l" in the SRM doesn't show any additional or missing
> devices when booted with or without the card.

Hmm...  What firmware is on the card?  There are 1 or 2 flash ROMS
which have a sticker on their back.  IIRC the older KZPSC only have
one chip, with 2.x  (2.73???  memory is very dim here).

> With out a manual, and with none quickly found via google, I'm kinda
> stumped.

Well.. I just found a ZIPed copy of a 2003 floppy for the SWXCR card
for (I hope..) Alpha.  I can send you a copy in private email if you
want.