Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:26:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rfork man page entry & reality.

The Rfork man page says:
   RFMEM     If set, the kernel will force sharing of the entire ad-
             dress space.  The child will then inherit all the shared
             segments the parent process owns. Other segment types
             will be unaffected.  Subsequent forks by the parent will
             then propagate the shared data and bss between children.
             The stack segment is always split.  May be set only with
             RFPROC.

However the code says:

        if (flags & RFMEM) {
                p2->p_vmspace = p1->p_vmspace;
                p1->p_vmspace->vm_refcnt++;
        }

My guess is that the man page should be changed to say:

   RFMEM     If set, the kernel will force sharing of the entire ad-
             dress space.  The child will then inherit all the memory
             segments the parent process owns. This is the basis of some
	     thread models.  May be set only with RFPROC.

Any better suggestions of wording will be apreciated..
I'll check in a change of whatever sounds best
after a day or so..

julian