Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bart Trzynadlowski <trzy@powernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio2 in kernel

Hi,
	I compiled a custom kernel and one of the things I wanted to do is
let the kernel recognize my sio2 without having to use the /boot/loader.
Sio2 is at port 0x3e8 on IRQ 10. So I modified the line in the kernel
configuration file to say this:

device	sio2	at isa? port 0x3e8 tty irq 10

I think the "at isa?" has something to do with it. What is the question
mark for? If I have specified an actual port should I remove the question
mark? It just says sio2 cannot be found. But other than that the kernel
works great, its fast, and half as big :)

Also, to continue the prompt saga... Does anyone know how to make it so
super users in csh have a "#" whereas regular users have a "%" (or $ or
whatever csh uses by default)?
	My current method of setting the prompt is as follows for csh:

set prompt = "`pwd`# "
alias cd 'cd \!*; set prompt="`pwd`# "'

It prints # for users and superusers. Any way to make it change?

Thanks,

Bart Trzynadlowski