Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:22:49 -0800
From:      Shan-Min Chao <shanmin@lvdi.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setting up ethernet card

Hello again, everybody.
	Can you guys please tell me how to setup my ethernet card?  I have my
PPP stuff setup, but now I want to use my ethernet card on my local
LAN.  I want my other computers to be able to telnet, ftp, etc. into
this computer.  I went to /stand/sysinstall to configure the 3COM
ethernet card I have, and although it did something, when I tried to
ping myself using the mock IP address I made for this computer, it says
"no route to host".  Is there something else I have to do.  Please tell
me step by step and in detail.
	Also, instead of the usual '%' I get for the prompt, is it possible to
replace the '%' with the current directory I am in (like DOS)?
	Also, how do I subscribe to this mailing list?  About how many people
actually write everyday?
	Thanks once again!  I hope I didn't bother you guys too much with my
constant barrage of letters.