Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:03:24 -0500
From:      Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Temperature

Here's a strange problem. I run Linux stable/development kernels
and FreeBSD-3-STABLE on a SMP dual-boot workstation. The machines
temperatures have always been in this range with either system:

87F CPU #0
87F CPU #1
95F Case Temp

Sometime last week or early this week the temperature under FreeBSD only
has changed to:

113F CPU #0
113F CPU #1
109F Case Temp
This is right after boot and varies 3-4 Degrees + while running.

During the night periodically my temp warning has been going off.
I have it set to 118F. This happens only under FreeBSD. Linux continues
to run cool at the old temperatures. Apparantly some code change has
caused this. Does anyone know exactly where I should look?

Regards,
--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group