Date:      Mon, 09 Nov 1998 14:13:51 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        David Langford <langfod@maui.net>
Cc:        yds@ingress.net (Yarema), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/groff: can't find `DESC' file

> a.out works fine but Elf does not.
>
> Trace shows that the path isnt being added to the file_open
> with /usr/share/groff/font.
>
> I am begining to wonder if it is a problem with the Elf C++ compiler.
>
> I have been unable to figure out a solution on my machines.
> This is very frustrating.
>
> I sent similar email a couple of weeks ago and I only got one
> reply. It mustnt be important to anyone.

No, it's just that it works fine for the rest of us, which simply
implies that you've done something wrong, intentionally or otherwise.

With no idea what you've done, nor how the problem might come about,
there's nothing that anyone else can offer to help you.  Until one of
the people actually seeing the problem sits down and works it out,
you're stuck.