Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:33:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   The infamous dead alternate system clock

Hi,

ASUS SMP motherboard (if it matters) with two Pentium IIIs, running SMP
kernel 3.3-RC. Running an UP kernel instead is not an option (i.e. I can
try it out, but I need both CPUs eventually).

Any ideas? I looked in the archives, and found Tor Egge's fix. So, here
are my questions:

* does the problem affect anything else? I'm not at the console, so I
can't be sure, but the machine appears to be very sluggish over the net.

* why this fix is a kludge? what bad consequences can I experience with
it, instead of the above?

I should add to this that I have something like 10 affected systems, soon
going to the production, so the answer is very important to me. In the
light of upcoming RELEASE I think this is also something worth
investigating.

Thanks!

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)