Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:57:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch to remove setgid kmem from top

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Thomas Moestl wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 11:39:33AM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:
> > In particular here, I'm looking for a review and final OK of the
> > swap-related changes from Matt, since I have approximating zero vm-clue,
> I have discussed the changes in principle with Matt on -hackers some
> time ago, but I don't know whether he has seen the diff.

Yeah, I saw the discussion, but figured a direct "heads up and check this"
wouldn't be a bad idea. :-)

> > and whether anyone knows anything about the current contrib status of the
> > top command -- is it externally maintained, is it OK to commit to it and
> > possibly pull things off a vendor branch, if any?
> AFAIK, the machine-dependent parts in usr.bin/top/ are not externally
> maintained. I only modify these sources, and leave contrib/top/ alone.

Ok, sounds good.

> Just one question: when did you download the diffs? I have (slightly)
> updated top.diff, dmesg.diff tonight and systat.diff today (mostly style
> fixes, and a fix for a bug in systat that was not introduced by me), and
> I would of course like the newest versions to be used. The kernel diffs
> were not updated recently.

I'll update my local copies; I was going to limit myself to committing the
simpler kernel bits until I got final approval from various quarters.  I'm
eager to get these changes into the tree, needless to say :-).