Date:      26 Feb 2003 16:46:26 +0100
From:      Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't edit 'applications' pulldown with nautilus

Am Mi, 2003-02-26 um 16.23 schrieb Mike Harding:
> I launch gnome2 as root - I had to run 'fc-cache -f -v' for this to
> work, which was a little non-obvious - and I can't edit the
> applications list from nautilus via the URL 'applications:///'.
>
> I can see the list, and I can get the config box under 'add launcher'
> but it doesn't seem to get stored.  The behavior is identical under
> root and non-root users - silent failure.  I don't see anything
> relevant in .xsession-errors either.
>
> I just want mozilla and emacs in the apps menus.  :(

i've tested it now as normal user an it works for me.
if you haven't fam installed, you must do a
"killall -HUP gnome-panel" that the changes will be visible.

but in the point of view from the gnome-panel root is nothing
other than a user. you must add them also as the user you are
normal log in. every additional entries and changes from the
default will be stored in your (also root's) home-directory
under ~/.gnome2/vfolders.

franz.