Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:38:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Not sure where to report this (cvs on freefall)

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Bruce Evans wrote:

> >	I'm trying to get a LINT kernel compiled on freefall, based
> >on sources *just* updated, and there seems to be a bug in the Makefile
> >somewhere:
>
> Freefall doesn't run -current so it isn't very suitable for development
> of -current.  In particular, it has an ancient version of config.  I use
> a private version.

	I guess the first question I should ask is if anyone else has
successfully used LINT to compile the -current kernel on freefall :)

	I've tried using both ~julian/config (as julian told me it was
there) and compiling my own in my directory...both fail on a make depend :(

	I can do a GENERIC kernel, just can't get LINT going.

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc