Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 20:04:56 -0500
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Postgre database initialise??

Im trying to install Postgresql from the ports.
It installed cleanly.
I edited /usr/local/pgsql/.profile and changed the data dir to ->
PGDATA=/files/www/pgdata/data

I created /files/www/pgdata/data and chowned it to pgsql:pgsql.

Then I try to run ->
hivemind# su -l pgsql -c initdb

And here is the output ->
hivemind# su -l pgsql -c initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "pgsql".

Fixing permissions on existing directory /files/www/pgdata/data... ok
creating directory /files/www/pgdata/data/base... ok
creating directory /files/www/pgdata/data/global... ok
creating directory /files/www/pgdata/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /files/www/pgdata/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /files/www/pgdata/data/base/1... Bad
system call - core dumped

initdb failed.

Any tips would be appreciated.  Thanks.