Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:29:31 +0900 (JST)
From:      Shigeharu TAKENO <shige@iee.niit.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/bin/sort may be incorrect

shige 03/25 2016
----------------

I am using FreeBSD/sparc64 (10.2) on Blade 150.

I used "portupgrade -a", but build of some packages were failed.
x11/scripts was not installed because the port shells/pdksh is
marked as broken for FreeBSD/sparc64, and the compilation of
x11-themes/fvwm-themes was failed.

The failure for shells/pdksh is running sort command in
siglist.sh script. The filter command "sort -k3n -k1n" outputs
no line. I compared the sort command of FreeBSD/sparc64 and the
one of FreeBSD/i386.

  command line "sort -k3n -k1n file" :
    FreeBSD/i386    : succeed (output sorted lines)
    FreeBSD/sparc64 : failed  (output no line)

  command line "sort -k3n file" :
    FreeBSD/i386    : succeed (output sorted lines)
    FreeBSD/sparc64 : succeed (output sorted lines)

The compilation x11-themes/fvwm-themes stop at the configure:

   configure: error:
        You have fvwm-2.6.5, which is not up to date
        You need at least fvwm-2.5.8

The above message is incorrect. The configure script of
x11-themes/fvwm-themes also fails at running sort command:

  command line
   "( echo 2 5 8 ; echo 2 6 5 ) | sort -n +0 -1 +1 -2 +2 -3 -c" :
    FreeBSD/i386    : return status 0
    FreeBSD/sparc64 : return status 255

I think the sort command of FreeBSD/sparc64 may be broken.

 Shigeharu TAKENO     NIigata Institute of Technology
                       kashiwazaki,Niigata 945-1195 JAPAN
 shige@iee.niit.ac.jp   TEL(&FAX): +81-257-22-8161