Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 05:39:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup binary with 3.x kernel

Hi...

	Can someone tell me why I'm getting:

fatal process exception: page fault, fault VA = 0x2944c4
fatal process exception: page fault, fault VA = 0x2944c4
fatal process exception: page fault, fault VA = 0x2944c4

	all over my screen after upgrading my 2.2-ALPHA machine
to 3.x?  I picked up the static version of CVSup, but I seem to
have incorrectly assumed that upgrading the system to 3.x
wouldn't be a problem :(

	The first time I tried to run it with the 3.x kernel,
it even brought the GUI interface up (am running X), while
continually scrolling the above over my screen :(

	My first assumption is that the lkm's need recompiling
or libs, or whatnot...not sure which needs recompiling though.
And, I don't have 'src-contrib' yet, which was what I was trying
to CVSup in, so if anyone can point out what I need to have
recompiled "right now" to get it running so that I can get
the missing sources...would be much appreciated :)

Thanks...

Marc G. Fournier                                 scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org              scrappy@freebsd.org