Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:01:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        john <jrs@mcs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop install-PCCARD--xwindows--MOUSE

Moving soley into -mobile.

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, john wrote:

> I've installed freebsd 2.2.6 on my IBM 380ED laptop.  I am having 3
> problems.
>
> 1.  Has anyone been able to use the built in mouse on they're laptop??  If
> so can you tell me how.

I assume it's a PS/2-style mouse, so the psm driver should pick it up.

> 2.  I have a 3com 10/100 LAN+56K card (Model Number 3ccfem556).  I can't get
> this card working.  Can someone help me to get the card working.  I've
> enable PCCARD and have installed a device.  still no luck.  Even if I could
> only use the Network interface of the card it would be great.

Multifunction cards are not supported.  You might get the modem side
working, but no guarantees. You'll have to set up the PCCARD support;
check the GENERIC configuration file for three commented-out lines
regarding pccard support.

> 3.  I can get xwindows running (no mouse and not full screen) however I
> would be interested in any ones xwindows config file that is running on a
> laptop so I can enhance mine.

Do you know what video chip it uses?