Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:03:55 +0200
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Bryce Nesbitt (spam account)" <bryce1@obviously.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Patch to cvsweb?

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 20:48, Bryce Nesbitt (spam account) wrote:
> I am working with CVS HEAD.
> My modified version is at:
>     http://www.obviously.com/test/cvsweb.cgi/MassGIS/
>
> I implemented an external diff utility.  In this case, it
> compares binary application files stored inside a .zip archive.

Whoo, looks cool.  Could you post the source code (or prefreably a
unified diff against CVS HEAD) somewhere?

> Some files are inherently "viewable" in a web browser, and some have to
> be downloaded to be useful.  With CVS HEAD that distinction is a bit
> confusing both for the user, and in the code base.

Yes, this is a known fact, the MIME type handling has been enhanced, but
it still needs work before 3.0.  Suggestions and patches welcome... more
info in the 2.9.1 announcement:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-cvsweb/2003-October/000111.html

Currently I'm thinking that the first step towards the right direction
would be to have a list of regexps in cvsweb.conf, @text_types,
indicating which MIME types can in general be handled as text.