Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:09:12 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to export directory with subdirs

> On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
>
> > is it possible to export a directory including all its subdirs without
> > exporting the whole filesystem? I want to export /var/spool/pcnfs including
> > all subdirectories. As far as I have understood exports(5), the alldirs
> > option works only with the root of a filesystem (which in my case is the
> > /var filsystem) which I don't want to export to all the PCs.
>
> Then just add the line
>
> /var/spool/pcnfs
>
> and it should export it plus everything below it.
>
> It does on my machines (a 2.1.5 and a 2.2-BETA).  :-/

OK, maybe i expressed my problem unclearly, sorry. Let's assume I have

	/var/spool/pcnfs
	/var/spool/pcnfs/host0
	/var/spool/pcnfs/host1
	/var/spool/pcnfs/host2
	/var/spool/pcnfs/host3
	/var/spool/pcnfs/host4

and I have an /etc/exports conatining

	/var/spool/pcnfs

I can do a

	mount server:/var/spool/pcnfs /anywhere

and access all directories.

What I want to do is

	mount server:/var/spool/pcnfs/hostx /anywhere

without changing /etc/exports.

The reason is, that if I attach a new PC to our network, a new directory named
/var/spool/pcnfs/name_of_new_pc is created automtically by pcnfsd. Then
I would like to export this directory automatically without changing /etc/exports.

At the moment, I have patches mountd.c to do this (same behaviour as Linux, IRIX 5.3,
Solaris and HP-UX 9), but I wonder if there isn't a "legal" way to do this.

Thanks

	-Andre