Date:      02 Sep 1998 11:55:53 -0400
From:      rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu
To:        joelh@gnu.org
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP performance. (& pccard)

Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org> writes:

> > Having said that, bear in mind that the 'zp' driver is a bandaid
> > that only exists to aid installation, and you may well be better off
> > using the 'ep' driver inside the pccard framework.
On the otherhand, I'm using a 3c589c (and 3c589d) on a 560X and I gave
up on the zp driver because it would hand.  I've not had that problem
with the ep.

> The ep driver still leaks like a sieve, or did two weeks ago or so.  I
> haven't gotten to work on it yet.

----
This should probably be a different thread, but how do people use
pccard with -current.  I had to add a sleep 30 to the end of the
rc.pccard otherwise rc.network tries to start the network before
pccardd has found it.  Also, does (or why doesn't) apm -z work when
cards are in.  Finally, I remap the cntl and caps lock keys.  Should
this mapping be done earlier in /etc/rc.  When I have to ^C sendmail
because the network is not there, I have to use the old/original
keyboard bindings.