Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:03:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Selectively forbidding login

	Ok, I've looked around and tried the suggestion to modify a user's
login so that it reads /sbin/nologin for the shell to prevent user from
logging into ssh, but it also blocks them from logging in via FTP and all
other services as well.

	All I want it to do is prevent a user from logging into the server via
anything but FTP.  I want them to have FTP access and when they login
they land in their home directory with the path showing in the FTP
program as "/", but nothing else.  How would I best go about this?

	AKA.  When a user does "PWD" all they see is "Current directory is
/" instead of the full path and when they do a CD.. they can't go any
higher in the directory structure.  Basically put I'm wanting to set users
so that they can't see anything on the server except their home directory.

	Thanks again!