Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:00:14 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   [4.1-STABLE] Serial console "hanging" on boot ...

I'm running a remote server on a serial console, and when I reboot, it
always hangs in the same place, not giving me a login prompt ... I've been
using the serial console for >1 year now, and its just been recently that
its been hanging, so not sure if maybe I've missed a config change that I
need to maek in my kernel, or something like that?

rc.i386 configuring syscons: blank_time.
starting local daemons:starting local daemons: pwcheckrm: /tmp/.s.*: No such file or directory
 postgresql[1] 1475
[2] 1476
 httpdldconfig: warning: /home/db/lib: No such file or directory
[Tue Aug 15 06:38:45 2000] [error] Cannot resolve host name www.indianarts-crafts.com --- ignoring!
Reading key for server cibc.competency.org:443
Reading key for server cibc.mastery.org:443
Reading key for server globalmatch.com:443
Reading key for server www.protectedsite.com:443
Reading key for server imp.tht.net:443
Launching... /usr/local/apache/bin/gcache
pid=1546
 cvsupd rsync smb.
.
Local package initialization: Modula-3 aolserver.
Additional TCP options:.
Tue Aug 15 06:38:53 EDT 2000

Systems Administrator @ hub.org