Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 09:07:05 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        taob@io.org (Brian Tao)
Subject:   Re: rarpd broken on 2.2-960801-SNAP?

As Brian Tao wrote:

>     In all cases, tcpdump shows rarp requests from the terminal is
> being received by the interface on the server.  However, the 2.2
> server isn't sending out a reply according to tcpdump.  I tried using
> a 255.255.255.0 netmask on the server and renumbering the X terminal
> to 10.0.0.4 (to be in the same network), to no avail.  The /etc/hosts,
> /etc/ethers and /tftpboot directory are all in order.

That's already the second question in this direction.  Basically,
rarpd misses a -v option, so the best you could do is stuffing a bunch
of printf's into it, and watching it why it doesn't send replies.

The source of rarpd itself has not been modified for a long time.

Of course, if you hide the printf's fine behind some -v option,
finally fire off send-pr, and submit the modification!

--
cheers, J"org