Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:25:52 +0000
From:      greg <greg@jules.res.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cache-friendly scheduling for SMP

I'm trying to run 1-2 processes with very large memory footprints on my P2 SMP
machine.  I'm finding that the process switches cpu's quite often, which
obviously isn't good for the caches on the CPU.

Can anybody point me to a paper, mailing list discussion, etc. that discusses
scheduling processes to not thrash the cpu caches?  Or if there's anything in
place, how I can take advantage of it, etc.  I got stumped on the idea a while
ago, so I'm really curious...

thanks,
Greg