Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:05:24 +0000
From:      Rick N <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        <lists@freebsdonline.com>, <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Oracle buys Sun

  (Actually) and Histrorically=2C Sun had a lot to do with the BSD's (and v=
ice-versa)=2C Bill Joy's early work and contibution to the BSD/Unix which l=
ater he took to form a little company called Sun Microsytems in the late '7=
0's.

=20

 Times are sure a changin'.

  Personally=2C I can thank SunOS for getting me into UNIX in 1996.

 In fact=2C I can honestly say that my Sun expertise later proved to give m=
e a "LOT" of solid full-time work as a Sun Unix Sys Admin for another 10 ye=
ars.  =20

 Basically we can thank Sun and the Internet for our house and land that my=
 wife and I own today.

=20

 Sun was one of the best employers=2C and I know I will never find an emplo=
yer  as good as that ever again.

=20

Sun was to UNIX/Internet=2C like NASA was to the Space Program.

=20

 I guess (as far as OpenSource...) it's ALL up to the xBSD's and Linux now.

=20

 Hey!=2C  lets buy Oracle !

:)

=20