Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:49:15 +1100 (EST)
From:      Iain Templeton <iain@research.canon.com.au>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: silly C style question

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 05:31:44PM -0800, Freddie Cash wrote:
> > Bah!  If you are worried about screen space and legibility, there's
> > always the following:
> >
> > if (0==i)
> >   { foo(i);
> >     bar(i);
> >   }
>
> Everyone knows it should be,
>
> Or,
>
>   if (
> 	  ==
> 	  0
>   )
>   {
> 	  foo(
> 	  )
> 	  ;
>
> 	  bar(
> 	  )
> 	  ;
>   }

Wow, that is way too close to our standard C style here... although
we use 4 space tabs...

    if
    (
        ==
        0
    )
    {
        foo
        (
        );

        bar
        (
        );
    }

Although, we only do that for really long lines so they fit within 80ish
characters, or for really complex logical expressions. I didn't like it
at first, but I can see the benefits after having to figure out some
code.

--
Iain Templeton, Software Engineer (allegedly)
Canon Information Systems Research Australia