Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:59:37 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel em receive hang and possible pr #72970

Jack Vogel wrote:

> As a matter of fact I dont believe the STABLE tip will even build on
> RELEASE (something that I take issue with).

The latest RELENG_N version of the source definitely SHOULD build on a
-RELEASE version of that same branch, so if you've tried this and it doesn't
work, please report the problem on the freebsd-stable@ mailing list. Given
that we're about to freeze RELENG_6 for the 6.2-RELEASE, this is the perfect
time to bring up those kinds of issues.

Doug