Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:36:48 -0700
From:      Gena Guchin <ggulchin@icloud.com>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS unable to import pool

Ronald,=20

system does see the disk, ada7, in this case. Nothing has been =
disconnected from the system.

what steps do you suggest I take with GEOM?

thanks!

On Apr 22, 2014, at 2:49 AM, Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 21:29:27 +0200, Gena Guchin <ggulchin@icloud.com> =
wrote:
>=20
>> Hello FreeBSD users,
>>=20
>> my appologies for reposting, but I'd really need your help!
>>=20
>>=20
>> I have this huge problem with my ZFS server. I have accidentally =
formatted one of the drives in exported ZFS pool. and now I can=92t =
import the pool back. this is extremely important pool for me. device =
that is missing is still attached to the system. Any help would be =
greatly appreciated.
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> #uname -a
>> FreeBSD XXX 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan 16 =
22:34:59 UTC 2014     root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC =
 amd64
>>=20
>> #zpool import
>>  pool: storage
>>    id: 11699153865862401654
>> state: UNAVAIL
>> status: One or more devices are missing from the system.
>> action: The pool cannot be imported. Attach the missing
>>       devices and try again.
>>  see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-6X
>> config:
>>=20
>>       storage                 UNAVAIL  missing device
>>         raidz1-0              DEGRADED
>>           ada3                ONLINE
>>           ada4                ONLINE
>>           ada5                ONLINE
>>           ada6                ONLINE
>>           248348789931078390  UNAVAIL  cannot open
>>       cache
>>         ada1s2
>>       logs
>>         ada1s1                ONLINE
>>=20
>>       Additional devices are known to be part of this pool, though =
their
>>       exact configuration cannot be determined.
>>=20
>>=20
>> # zpool list
>> NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
>> zroot   920G  17.9G   902G     1%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
>>=20
>> # zpool upgrade
>> This system supports ZFS pool feature flags.
>>=20
>> All pools are formatted using feature flags.
>>=20
>> Every feature flags pool has all supported features enabled.
>>=20
>> # zfs upgrade
>> This system is currently running ZFS filesystem version 5.
>>=20
>> All filesystems are formatted with the current version.
>>=20
>>=20
>> Thanks a lot!
>=20
> Does FreeBSD see the disk? Is it in /dev/ada2 (or another number)?
> If FreeBSD does not know anything about the disk, ZFS can't either. A =
reboot or some fiddling (partitioning?) with GEOM might make the disk =
reappear.