Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:14:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
Cc:        spork <spork@super-g.com>, Francisco Reyes <freyes@inch.com>, FreeBSd Chat list <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Of SDSL, speed and bad ISPs

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Pat Lynch wrote:

:Being right oputside of NJ, is it actually possible to get a DSL line
:outside of the areas Bell Atlantic says its not possible, or is it the
:combination of bad copper/distance from the CO?

I would guess it's a question of BA's switch capabilities (or lack
thereof) in your service area.

:I know next to nothing about DSL (I'm a systems administrator, not a
:network engineer Jim!) and I need some kind of faster access here ....and
:well the best I've been able to get is a dedicated 56k modem for a couple
:hundred a month *sigh*

Look for alternatives.  You're paying way too much for your connection.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)