Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:09:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Omega <orealm@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows 95

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Omega wrote:

> I have a 486/66 with 24 meg RAM and Windows 95.  I want to experiment
> with UNIX.  Is there a way to use your (or any) program without messing
> up Windows 95.  Maybe through use of a boot disk or something...
> Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
> 				Rob French

I have a 486/50 that got along fine with 16 megs ram (it now has 32)
for a long time, running Windows 95 and FreeBSD (and OS/2 and Win 3.1,
too).  The critical thing is that FreeBSD needs a primary partition in
which it will be installed, properly located (more info at
http://www.freebsd.org--also see the tutorial there on multiple
operating systems, probably http://www.freebsd.org/tutuorials/multios/
multios.html).  Then with a boot manager, which you can install when
you install FreeBSD, you can select which system to boot.

	Annelise