Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:18:04 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>, Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>, FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: OSDisc.com donating 10% to FreeBSD Foundation]

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 01:09:26PM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> We have tens of other vendors that have been supporting FreeBSD for
> much longer and have more established track records.  It wouldn't be a
> pretty sight if every vendor spammed our technical lists like this.
> 10% of $5 is completely insignificant and only if the spamming is
> wildly successful will it even amount to enough to fund a few hours of
> a FreeBSD developer's time.

Actually, I misread the email.  He didn't offer to donate 10% of
revenue, but 10% of profits.  Assuming he is running a profitable
company (which I doubt), then we can assume something like a 3% profit
margin.  10% of 3% of $5 is 1.5 cents.  Of course, you can get rid of
any profits in a small company by just paying out bonuses or other
compensation, but if you're a really optimistic person, you can buy
from OSDisc and hope that 1 cent will go to the foundation for your
purchase.  No thanks.  ;(

	- Murray

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--