Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 2009 10:55:43 +0200
From:      Jochen Fahrner <freebsd@fahrners.de>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation fails after creating disklabel

Hi,
I just tried to install FreeBSD 7.1 on my old iMac G3.
First step was creating partitions with disklabel. There were already
some slices from the Mac OS X, most are very small, I assume these
are for Apple hardware tests. Slice 5 was the rest of the disc (20
GB), so I assumed this was the OS X partition and have choosen this
(ad0s5) for creating partitions with "auto".

After creating the partitions the installation aborts with the
following error message:

"Error mounting /dev/ad0s5 on /mnt: Operation not permitted"

Does someone know what this means?

Jochen