Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 1995 11:14:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      peter@nmti.com (Peter da Silva)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: news software - which to use ?

> cnews and nntp are stagnant. INN is _the_ news tool of choice.

Cnews is the tool of choice if you do much UUCP. INN treats UUCP like a poor
relation.

> You should use UUCP over TCP/IP to transport your news, and INN locally
> to process it.

I use a program called "slurp" to transport news over NNTP, because it gives
me a local sys file... I don't have to bother my feed about changes to my
subscription list. And it's receiver-driven so sceduling connections isn't
a problem.