Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:51:34 GMT
From:      "scholar" <scholar@hal-pc.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   off topic.  where should I post this

I've been following -mobile for some time and find ity very valuable.
The only problem my laptop wearing FreeBSD 4.3 has is me always
experimenting.

I have two other FreeBSD boxes one of which is on a DSL hookup.  I
foolishly left it open ( telnet and ftp enabled) for a week and found
it seriously compromised this morning.  Several binaries were replaced
and log files emptied.  Given my skill level (security novice --
recently owned) , I will reformat and reinstall on a new drive, slave
the compromised drive and copy over what I will save.  This should take
less time with better results than trying to fix.

My question is.  Is there a team working security that would be
interested in a tarball of the files and binaries that are compromised?
Please advise.  This is the only group I am subscribed to.

Thanks.

George Orr
@scholar@hal-pc.org@