Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:34:41 -0700
From:      Steve Sizemore <steve@cmpharm.ucsf.edu>
To:        Ken Key <key@Network-Alchemy.COM>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3C589 Ethernet PC Card

Thanks, Ken. That was the clue I needed.

On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 04:56:44PM -0700, Ken Key wrote:
> If your running v2.2.6 (straight, PCCARD, no PAO), you might try editing
> your /etc/pccard.conf entry to use IRQ 11 instead of IRQ 10.  We could
> not get the 3c589D working on IRQ 10 on a pair of DEC Ultra HiNote 2000's
> the other day, always winning the nebulous "resource allocation failure".
> Kurt Windisch was have the same problem and came up with the IRQ change.
> Also, don't use those IRQ's to stir the entropy pool, like one of my
> users had done.  That one was tough to find...

In my case, I didn't even get any error message to work from.

Since I'm running the PAO kernel, I made the change in the kernel
config file, and sure enough, it works like a charm.

In the mean time, I've also purchased an Accton EN-2216 PC ethernet
card, and it worked straight out of the box, with no changes.

Thanks again.
Steve
----------------------------------------------#-----#--#####---------------
                                              #     # #     #
 Steve Sizemore                               #     # #
 Dept. of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology #     # #
 Box 0450, Room HSE-1285                      #     # #
 University of California Medical Center      #     # #     #
 513 Parnassus Avenue                          #####   ##### #####  #######
 San Francisco CA 94143-0450                                #     # #
                                                            #       #
 steve@cmpharm.ucsf.edu                                      #####  #####
 (415) 476-6987  FAX: (415) 476-6515                              # #
                                                            #     # #