Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:43:02 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual CPU Xeon server hangs on SMP kernel ...

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Just picked up a nice shiny new Netfinity 7100 Dual Xeon computer to run
> > as a proxy server ... but can't get the second CPU to work without it
> > hanging the boot process ...
> >
> > a dmesg without SMP enabled shows the CPU(s) as:
>
> Before someone else says it...
>
> A dmesg from booting single CPU is pretty useless; we can't see
> the stepping of your second CPU, nor its ID or features, and
> the MP table information is not displayed.
>
> Could you please include your actual SMP boot information, and
> your MPtable data (including your BIOS settings), and post to
> the list again?

Okay, since I can't actually boot into SMP, how would you suggest I get
that information?  MPtable I know how to get, and can do that without
being in SMP, so will get that one later tonight and send it on, but any
sugggestions on how to get the dmesg from an actual SMP boot is most
welcome?

Thanks ...