Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 1995 17:41:23 +0000
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best way to diagnose system lockups?

> I'm trying to debug why FreeBSD lockups when using a 4 port Ethernet
> controller.  (it's a PCI board with 4 DC21040's sitting behind a DC21050
> PCI-PCI bridge; it's UTP only).

Just a followup to my own mail...

I switched the DC21040 driver to use I/O mapped access and now
everything works (I forgot I modified the UnixWare driver to be
I/O mapped so that it could support the DEC DE425 EISA Ethernet
Card).

So I've  bounced this off the DC21050 PPB folks.  Who knows?
I just might be the first person to try memory mapped access over
the DC21050 on Triton.  Just another verification that living on
the bleeding edge of technology can be bloody...

Cheers,

Matt Thomas                          Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
U*X Networking                       WWW URL:    http://ftp.dec.com/%7Ethomas/
Digital Equipment Corporation        Disclaimer: This message reflects my
Littleton, MA                                    own warped views, etc.