Date:      07 Jan 2002 14:32:15 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        orion@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: " Audio plays 16% fast in xmms, freeamp, realplay (Compaq,  FreeBSD-4.4) "

Orion Hodson <hodson@icir.org> writes:

> How about posting a dmesg so we can tell what soundcard you are referring to?

I can give you the whole output, if you care, but this looks like the
only relevant bit:

pcm0: <Intel 82801BA (ICH2)> port 0x2400-0x243f,0x2000-0x20ff irq 10 at device 31.5 on pci0

> If it's an ich controller, this problem is now detected and fixed in -stable
> and will appear in the 4.5R that's due later this month.

I just rebuilt my OS and kernel from a CVSup this morning and now
FreeAmp seems to work. I'm guessing I got your fix -- many thanks!

    FreeBSD 4.5-PRERELEASE #5: Mon Jan  7 13:09:13 EST 2002
    cshenton@Palimpsest.it.hq.nasa.gov:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/Palimpsest