Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:37:57 -0700
From:      "Erin" <Kahn@deadbbs.com>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, "'Jonathan Slivko'" <js43064n@stmail.pace.edu>
Subject:   RE: 3.5 vs. 4.0

> From: owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
> [mailto:owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Crist J. Clark

> In other words, a -RELEASE version is most the likely to work with no
> problems. And once you have that going, don't fix what ain't broke.
> That's why the 2.2.8-STABLE mailserver at my last job is still
> chugging away today. The hardware will be the first to give out on
> that thing.

I never even went to stable, but I have found once its working, don't mess
with it.

I think its funny that you build a 2.2.8 mail server as well.

$ w
 8:34AM  up 390 days, 19:21, 1 user, load averages: 0.81, 0.71, 0.45
USER     TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
erinf    p0  odin.xxxxx.com    8:34AM     - w
$ uname -a
FreeBSD hermes.deadbbs.com 2.2.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE #0: Thu May
6 22
:32:20 GMT 1999     erinf@hermes.xxxxx.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/hermes  i386

Erin

http://www.deadbbs.com