Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:11:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>, Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Subject:   Re: AP #1 (PHY# 6) failed!

On 12-Sep-2002 Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 12:54:11PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Danny Braniss wrote:
>>
>> > SE7500CW2, this motherboard arrived yesterday, so im not sure if its hardware
>> > or software so while i go and do the regular rounds -rtfm, install MS, etc,
>> > maybe someone can shed some light?
>>
>> Looks like you have a broke CPU.
>
> Problems like this with the SE7500CW2 have been reported on -smp by
> several people, some on multiple systems so it's probably not a broken
> CPU.

The method in which we kick the AP's to wake them up might not be quite
right.  We have some hacks to handle erratic behavior on older CPU's
(P5's and PentiumPro's) that perhaps the P4 chips don't like.  Could
someone with one of these boards try an SMP kernel from current?  Peter
has done some changes related to PSE and PG_G on current that might have
an effect.  Also, could people try using 'options DISABLE_PSE' and see
if that happens to make a difference?