Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2007 08:37:09 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Paul van der Linden <msn@paultjuh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Takanori Watanabe <takawata@init-main.com>
Subject:   Re: acpi_thermal

--==_Exmh_1175355429_12030P

> Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:22:43 +0200
> From: Paul van der Linden <msn@paultjuh.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
>
> I don't have any acpi module in the kernel directory. But acpi is
> loaded, so I don't know how to load acpi_thermal or acpi_aiboost
>
> Takanori Watanabe wrote:
> > In message <460CCBF0.2070604@paultjuh.org>, Paul van der Linden wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> does anyone know how to load acpi_thermal on an amb64 distribution? I'm
> >> almost sure it's not loaded, but there isn't any documentation, how to
> >> load it. The acpi module is loaded.
> >>

> > If acpi module present and acpi_thermal not appear, then your platform
> > does not have acpi_thermal zone.
> >
> > If your mother board is ASUS, try acpi_aiboost module.
> > It will show some thermal information.

You missed the point of the message. ACPI thermal is part of the back
ACPI module, There is no acpi_thermal.ko to load, only acpi.ko.

If you built a normal current kernel, you should have these files in
/boot/kernel. If this is a stable system, you won't have
acpi_aiboost.ko as it is too new.

If you don't have a large number of files in /boot/kernel, you did
something odd in your "make kernel".
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)