Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:24:24 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UserConfig is broken + PS/2 support success

In message <199611171503.CAA20387@godzilla.zeta.org.au> Bruce Evans writes:
: >Bruce, if you spent as much time (re)coding, as you do analysing and
: >describing others code, I think we all would be better off. This is
: >NOT the way to encourage a new contributor. The code might not be
:
: I don't think so.  Rewriting people's code is more likely to annoy
: them than reviewing it.

Personally speaking of course, I happen to like Bruce's review of any
code that I check in.  It has helped me learn things about the usual
way around here in a very non-threatening sort of way.  I generally
don't like to get my code reviewed because most of my code reviews
have been an "us vs them" experience, so I was pleasantly surprised
that the checkins I made that he reviewed I reacted as well to the
review as I did.  It helped make the code better, and helped to make
me more able to checking BSD-style code in the future.

Anyway, that's just me and my world view.  Others are welcome to
disagree.

Warner