Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 09:04:24 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        graaf@iae.nl
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dynalink or Tornado PCI cards supported?

From the keyboard of graaf@iae.nl:

> I have found the following two ISDN cards in local computer shops and I
> wonder if they are supported by i4b. They are:
>
> 	Dynalink ISDN PCI (IS64PPH) and
> 	Tornado TIPA P
>
> Both are PCI cards and are not listed in the i4b README. I am hoping
> either is supported by another name, or compatible with a supported
> card. I noticed that the Dynalink IS64PH (ISAPnP) is supported, but I
> don't dare to assume that this means the IS64PPH (PCI) card is also
> supported.

By name, none of the cards are supported.

AFAIK, the Dynalink PCI card has a Winbond chipset, and i remember
someone wanted to work on a driver for it, but i haven't heard from him
for a long time now.

The ISA PnP card uses another chipset than the PCI version.

I've nver heard of the Tornado card, no idea.

Currently, i'd recommend buy either the ELSA or the AVM PCI cards.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77