Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:31:07 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        Max Brazhnikov <makc@issp.ac.ru>
Cc:        kde-freebsd@kde.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Martin Wilke <miwi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Call for Testing KDE 4.2 for FreeBSD

--nextPart4710626.NsLFvmnoWa

--Boundary-01=_sUFiJo8Td/kuXhq

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 15:05:19 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:31:10 +0200, David Naylor wrote:
> > On Monday 02 February 2009 12:01:10 David Naylor wrote:
> >
> > Just finished compiling on FreeBSD 7.1 and have found the following
> > problems: 1. The fonts are not being anti-aliased?  (Using default fonts
> > and "Use anti-aliasing: Enabled {with sub-pixel rendering [RGB]}).
>
> man fonts-conf? Never had problems with fonts, can't help here :(

I suspect this has something to do with nvidia driver.  If one changes the=
=20
fonts to bitstream then anti-aliasing does work (but not with the default=20
fonts). =20

> >  2. Network Settings doesn't detect anything to do with FreeBSD (it
> > probably still needs to be told about FreeBSD).
>
> This part surely requires someone who can add support for FreeBSD.
> Btw, kde@freebsd team are seeking for developers who would like to improve
> KDE4 support for FreeBSD.

Should I file a PR for this, considering there probably isn't enough man-po=
wer=20
to actually resolve it?

> >  3. ksudo does not install?
>
> ${KDE$_PREFIX}/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu
> Ask kde devs why kdesu is there.

Please ignore.  It appears ksudo or kdesudo is a Kubuntu specific program (=
why=20
haven't they pushed the changes upstream?)

> >  4. Samba config module doesn't find smb.conf by default.  It should lo=
ok
> > in multiple places?
>
> This could be fixed easily I believe.

One the correct place in  the code is found, yes it is. See attached.  Patc=
h=20
does compile cleanly and samba config module does not find smb.conf. =20
Makefile should probably be extended to change the lookup patch if=20
${LOCALBASE} isn't /usr/local?  If so just

# sed -e "s|/usr/local/etc/smb.conf|${LOCALBASE}/etc/smb.conf|'=20
$WRKSRC/kio/kio/ksambashare.cpp

I have also filed a PR (bug #183006) with an improved patch. =20

> >  5. When I was changing desktop effects X froze. It was a once off
> > thing...

If it reappears I will file a PR.

> I'll ping Alex about the status of mysql_embedded. Meantime you can try
> ports/128757 for mysql_embedded and ports/130634 for amarok port.

I already have :-).  I had a problem with downloading the patch... But once=
=20
that was done amarok2 installed fine :-)

The only app now that is really missing is k3b.  Grrr... :-(

Regards,

David