Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 21:16:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      BARRY BOUWSMA IS A PEDOPHILE <pedophiles@vszbr.cz>
To:        Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup problems

On 1 Dec 1998, Cejka Rudolf wrote:

> When I'm trying to realize cvsup from almost every one cvsup.XX.freebsd.org
>
> 	TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection lost
>
> I'm directly connected to internet (TEN-34, line from Prague into Denmark)

Um, not to actually answer your question, but you aren't...  A traceroute
to cvsup.dk.freebsd.org will show your path goes direct from Praha to the
US via Teleglobe (recently installed), and in fact, it seems that traffic
from CZ to most European sites is routed by the US nowadays.

This link via the US has extremely poor performance, as it took me more
than an hour to transfer a file smaller than 150k last weekend during
nighttime hours, and interactive work often had a lag in minutes.

> Does anybody have the same problems? It looks as TEN-34 black hole (?),

I'm not sure if this poor performance is the cause of the problems you are
seeing, but it certainly doesn't help...  See if there is another cvsup
site that does not get preferential treatment via the US (maybe fr?), as
this Teleglobe link is clearly overloaded with the RTTs and packet losses
I was seeing last week from Brno.

Barry Bouwsma, Tele Damnark Internet Brno Outpost
(this is an invalid e-mail address, do not reply)