Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2013 09:05:25 +1200
From:      zulu <zulu@openvps.biz>
To:        Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>, "freebsd-jail@freebsd.org" <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: jail(8) vs. rc.d/jail features - fstab, zfs, vnet

You might need to play with the persist jail option to do a lo=
t of ZFS
and VNET related functions.

The standard mount/umo=
unt command supports mounting custom fstab files
via -F option, you =
could mount the filesystems before starting jails
this w=
ay.

I was facing the same challenges last year as I really wa=
nted to
explore VNET and ended up creating an rc.d/jail independent p=
erl
script, you can have a look here
http://sourceforge.net/pr=
ojects/zjails/. It is by no way a complete
solution and targeted for=
 pure ZFS jails only. The next "release" will
have jailing ZFS dates=
t as well (currently working on it).

Peter

On Friday=