Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:04:16 +0100
From:      Peter Wolkerstorfer <a9203537@unet.univie.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   please help on 1(one) ipf rule

dear listmembers,

i would need some help on ipf

problem:

ipf firewall with ipnat won't allow to login on itself and won't allow
outgoing traffic from itself.

form the intranet (192.168.0..0/8) to the internet all works as i
wanted.

my ipf.rules is:

# i have read this should be better for scans
block return-rst in log quick on rl1 proto tcp all

# i want to block all the rest with this
block in  quick on rl1 all

# this is my not working try of making a ssh-connection to the firewall
working
pass in  quick on rl0 proto tcp/udp  from 192.168.0.0/8 to any keep
state
pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp/udp  from 192.168.0.0/8 to any keep
state

#the rest which seems to work
pass out quick on rl1 proto tcp  from 192.168.0.0/8 to any keep state
pass out quick on rl1 proto udp  from 192.168.0.0/8 to any keep state
pass out quick on rl1 proto icmp from 192.168.0.0/8 to any keep state

my ipnat.rules is:

map rl1 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0/32

i would now need one ipf rule which at least allows logging in on the
firewall with ssh. it would be better if i could acces the net from the
firewall-console, too.

THX in advance
peter "wolki" wolkerstorfer
p.s.: please tell me if i should have asked this in freebsd-security